Monday, December 28, 2009

Grown up Christmas

Christmas is so different when you are a child. All you can think of is presents and more presents. I wanted everything for Christmas, except for what my sister got. She was a nerd (sorry Heather) and asked for things like typewriters and globes. I asked for awesome presents like barbies and peeing babies. I didn't get how to play on a stupid globe.

Now as an adult, I have managed to tame the inner greedy child. I actually feel more excited to give than to recieve. I do not expect anyone to give me my dream gifts, but instead work hard to be able to afford the items I want. This Christmas I was excited for getting a microwave and gift cards to update my home. The child in me should be so dissapointed.

I am not sure if my greed or my patience was worse as a child. I used to unwrap all my presents and look at my toys then re-wrap them and put them back under the tree. I eventually got caught, but instead of learning and letting my presents be...I just learned to wait until my mom was at work.

Now as an adult...if anyone hides presents for me in my house...I will find them and open them.

No comments:

Post a Comment